Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Buffalonians

What do the residents of Buffalo, New York call themselves: the Buffaloans? The  Buffaloites? I've never thought about it before. I've never had to. My family rarely travels to my mother's old stomping ground in Upstate New York. And if we do, it's usually because of some sort of solemn and unfortunate event. Not this time though! The Noonie Club finally reunited for a jovial gathering, and let me tell you, it was a long time coming. Packing a decades worth of fun into one weekend, we visited all the places famous to the Hardy family. 

First came the Anchor Bar, where I ate more spicy chicken wings than I ever have in my whole life. And I only drank an impressive one glass of lemonade during the whole thing! My Aunt Terri would be so proud (she's the queen of heat). Next, two successive night parties in a row forced me to fill multiple suitcases full of outfit choices! 

Until next time, Buffalo. I'll be back for you and your Buffalonians.  

No comments :

Post a Comment