Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Schaller Wedding

I was beyond happy when my cousin announced her engagement. First, because I have been getting to experience Chris and Hayley as a couple for many years, and I couldn't wait to see them tie the knot. Secondly, because my sister was going to come home for the first time since she moved out east. And finally, because I knew I was going to get dressed up beautifully from head to toe. 
Surprisingly, the funnest part of the wedding was NOT one of the things I said previously. My extended family is always together. I mean, I can't think of a holiday we haven't spent together. I'm talking every holiday on a Hallmark Calendar. However, the sophisticated nature of our family parties inhibits the amount of true bonding that can happen between us. Last night, every person was jovial and lively! The young (ish) cousins and I all sat at our own table, Table 6. We drank, we ate, we laughed. And when Bohemian Rhapsody started playing... we danced! We danced to every song, old and new, until our feet bled (literally). Memories were made that will last a lifetime, and I'm sure that our family will never be the same again. 



No comments :

Post a Comment