Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A Few of My Favorite Fall Things


I’m so excited about this fall. Last fall was the best of my life: the weather was insanely perfect and lasted into mid December, I got introduced to fall fashion at Aritzia, and I submitted my application to the University of Illinois! This year, though, I’m pretty sure has topped all that. I boxed up my life and took it to Champaign, IL and became an Illini, I met amazing humans purposefully placed in my life by God, and I was offered the Operational Vice President position in my collegiate fashion club. So many things happened to me this season, good and bad. I grew so much. 

That’s why, I wanted to identify my #fallfrugalfun activities for those of us on a small budget. Of course, my favorite thing to do is put on a million layers and take blog pictures with my best friends (thank you Shannon for modeling for this post), but here is a list of my other favorites: 

  • Long Walks 

Whether in a nearby forest preserve or in a local downtown area, long walks are so beautiful in the fall, and they cost nothing! I love to bundle up in a turtleneck sweater and black jeans (obviously) with my big diamond mosaic scarf from Aritzia. Once there’s no possible area of skin for the cold to touch, I can focus on my company, if I go with someone else, or just spend time thinking about myself and the world. 

  • Holiday Performances

During this time of the year, almost every school and local church hosts a holiday concert. Since I’m one of the few people supporting holiday music on Nov. 1st, for me, it’s arguably the best part of the season. I make a point of trying to attend as many free performances as possible. Shout out to Hinsdale Central, my alma mater, for putting on such an inspiring show last night! 

  • Coffee Shops

Even if you’re drinking coffee alone, sitting at a coffee shop for hours is a great feeling. The social ambiance gives you the energy of other people around, and there’s the possibility of new connections. Different people come in and out in a hurry, but you are not subject to the clock. Sitting at a large table and working on work or reading a book in an aesthetically appealing environment is an unparalleled experience. And it only costs as much as one Pumpkin Spice Latte. 

  • Pumpkin Patches

When I was little it was Bengston’s Pumpkin Farm, now it’s Curtis Apple Orchard. Regardless, I alway try to make it to a local farm at least once during the fall. Being surrounded by thousands of families and friends making memories is something special. You can buy apple cider donuts, pick out a perfect pumpkin, and take artsy, seasonal pictures. Most farms only cost 10-12 dollars to enter, which is perfect while saving up a holiday budget! 

If you are saving up a holiday budget try out this financial software

No comments :

Post a Comment