Monday, May 23, 2016

Too Cool For (High) School

Another school year has come and gone, but this time things are different. For the first time in 12 years, I won't wait until 10:55 on Sunday morning to do my summer assignments. I won't wake up on the first day to see my parents faces. I won't meet my best friends at my locker and celebrate about the year ahead. For the first time in 18 years, I will pack up and move out of my parents house. I will start doing my Freshman assignments in July, just to be safe. I'll pick out new, stylish bed spreads, tapestries, and even toiletries. I will be in college.

How did time go by so fast? My parents told me about my first day of Pre-K, I remember my first day of elementary, middle, and high school, and now I'll be starting my first day of college.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. It's only the first day of summer, and I plan to enjoy every last morsel of time left being a kid.


No comments :

Post a Comment