Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Scrolling Through

I spent last weekend sorting through my iPhoto library, reliving old Christmas memories. When I began my holiday shopping last year, Oakbrook Centre had just started building a new store on the East wing. Luckily for my fifteen-year-old-self, I had my phone near by to capture a picture of the "Coming Soon" display. I later decided to update my peers on the trendy new boutique opening at the mall, so I began scrolling through the different stills I had taken. 
Fast forward a few years and I'm back at my scrolling. But, what's really exciting is that I'm now an employee at that trendy boutique, fashion-retailer Aritzia! This past weekend I worked my first Black Friday with my 514 team, and it was a frantic yet thrilling experience I won't ever forget. Coupled with a long Thanksgiving day, too, I didn't get a chance to catch up on as much sleep as I'd hoped.
Luckily though, I got a break from all the commotion encompassing this weekend and spent my Saturday night at my favorite place, the theater. My family and I honored tradition and saw the Goodman Theater's production of "A Christmas Carol".
What a weekend. But thankfully, the holiday season can finally commence! 

No comments :

Post a Comment